SURGICAL WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT
Each designated student is to prepare a typed paper addressing each of the following objectives.
Each objective should be answered and addressed thoroughly.
OBJECTIVES: Following completion of the written assignment, the student will be able to:
- Explain the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative
phases of the surgical experience, noting the biopsychosocial
aspects of perioperative nursing management of the patient
unique to each.
- Explore concepts of responsibility and accountability in
providing nursing care for adults who have had surgical
- Explain the role and responsibilities of each of the following
members of the surgical team:
- Anesthesiologist/Certified Nurse Anesthetist
- Circulating Nurse
- Scrub Nurse/Scrub Technician
- Discuss potential complications that may affect the
patients postoperatively and identify and identify what nursing interventions are appropriate to prevent the complications.