Career Exploration Project
KNH 212 – Sport Management
50 Points Total
FORMAT & GUIDELINES: (5 Points)
- Format Checklist:
- Title Page: Student Name, Class Name, Date, Instructor Name
- Body of Paper: Copy and Paste ‘CONTENT’section& “COMPARE & CONTRAST” section, just as they appear below, into the body of your paper, then provide your answersaccordingly.
- Attachments:Include a Reference Page – APA style citations for each interview.
- Guideline Checklist:
- The position you are researching must be in the Sport Industry (please check with your Instructor if you are uncertain as to whether or not your chosen position is in the sport industry).
- You must interview 3 sport management professionals who currently occupy the position or a closely related position (please check with your Instructor if there is uncertainty).
- Interview Subjects must be individuals working full-time within the sport industry for at least one year.
- The Interview must take place “in-person” (i.e., via phone, video-call, or in-person). Please do not email or text your interview questions.
- Please check spelling and grammar. Proof read please!
- Submit your final paper via Canvas on or before the due date (see Canvas for due date). NO LATE WORK will be accepted for any reason.
CONTENT: (30 Points)
- INTRO SECTION:
- Whatis the sport related position you are exploring?
- In 200-250 words (use word count to ensure accuracy), explain your interest in this position:
- INTERVIEW SECTION:
- Answer for each of your 3 interview subjects:
- Position Title:
- # of Years in Position:
- Answer for each of your 3 interview subjects(Please tailor your questions to answer these questions; no word count required, but please answer thoroughlyyet concisely for each question):
- What was this person’s career path into their current position?
- What is the typical career path to this position?
- What are the challenges of this person’s position?
- What was the biggest piece of advice/information you gathered from your interview subject?
- What are the general duties and responsibilities with this position?
- What education, degrees or certifications/licensures are required or preferred?
- What are the preferred prior work experiences?
- INCLUDE & HIGHLIGHT 2 OF YOUR OWN QUESTIONS: PROVIDE THE QUESTIONS YOU ASKED AND RESPONSES!
COMPARE & CONTRAST: (15 Points)
- In 300-350 words compare and contrast your interview subjects responses (i.e., discuss similarities and differences between responses):