Assessment Task 2: 2500 Word Essay – Total 40%
Due by Monday 18 September 2017 before 11:59 pm through Turnitin on the course website (Blackboard).
Students are required to answer the following question:
The essay question is: Should human resource management be instrumental in contributing to organisational success or should it be the key driver?
- You are to use the six resources listed below to focus your efforts for the issues raised in the Question for Task 2.
- Your essay must focus on three of the listed Topics covered in the Seminars (parts of topics are not permitted e.g. Talent Recruitment, Retention and Development is one topic)
- Your essay must make use of the materials obtained in Assessment 1
- Your essay may use additional resources to support your discussion
- You must include a minimum of 16 academic references (including the 6 provided below)
- All referencing should be RMIT Harvard style (Easycite < http://www.lib.rmit.edu.au/easy-cite/)
Assessment Criteria for TASK 2 is based on the following parameters – each having an equal weighting:
- Key issues relating to the question have been developed
- Analysis and synthesis of relevant HRD literature.
- Ideas and assertions substantiated through use of high-quality reference material and key academic perspectives/views have been used
- Clear written style (spelling, grammar, syntax etc.) and appropriate RMIT Harvard style referencing (in-text and list of references, following the Easycite http://www.lib.rmit.edu.au/easy-cite/ (http://www.lib.rmit.edu.au/easy-cite/)guideline.
Vaughan, T. 2012, Business Ethics, e-book, accessed 06 January 2017, https://ebookcentral-proquest-com.ezproxy.lib.rmit.edu.au/lib/rmit/detail.action?docID=847083 or http://rmit.eblib.com.au/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=847083
Armstrong, M. 2012, Armstrong’s Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice, e-book, accessed 06 January 2017, http://rmit.eblib.com.au/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=457565
Carden, L. L. and Boyd, R.O., 2010. Workplace bullying: an ethical context applying duty and outcome based approaches to human resource functions. Southern Journal of Business and Ethics, 2, pp. 144-15 refer to this URL to link to the journal <http://web.b.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.lib.rmit.edu.au/ehost/detail/detail?vid=0&sid=a574feef-2b67-4a98-b89a-cdf923f12c9d%40sessionmgr104&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#AN=58623232&db=bth >
1 McKenzie, N., Baker, R. 2016. High cost of doing the right thing. News Pp 1 and 6. The Age. Fairfax Media Melbourne. To download click Newspaper articleone(1).docx
2 Smith, F. 2016. Workplace bullying: why management backlash is behind Australia’s steep rise. Guardian sustainable business social equality Australian Edition. Guardian Australia Sydney click https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2016/dec/05/workplace-bulling-why-management-backlash-is-behind-australias-steep-rise?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other Accessed 5 December 2016
Ferguson, A. 2016. Nation’s brave whistleblowers deserve compensation. Businessday Comment pp. 17 and 20. The Age. Fairfax Media Melbourne. To download click Newspaperarticlethree(1).docx